OUR SCHOOL: Established in 1965, Ringwood Heights Primary School is nestled in a wooded area in the Maroondah district of the Eastern Metropolitan Region.The school is set in extensive grounds that provide a wide variety of active and passive play areas including an oval, hard court areas covered by shade, new playgrounds and extensive native bushland.
The school currently inhabits traditional learning spaces which are
interconnected with corridors and covered ways. And hopefully the sanctuary will provide yet another great learning space.
OUR SCHOOL VALUES:
· At Ringwood Heights Primary School we value diversity, respect for others, the Environment and ourselves.
· We value the taking of risks, the development of potential and the pursuit of creativity.
· We encourage our students to be inquiring, reflective thinkers, who show initiative and strive to achieve their full potential as responsible citizens, living full and healthy lives. Thus ensuring they are able to participate creatively and with integrity, in our increasingly complex and rapidly changing world.
OUR SCHOOLS KEY PURPOSES:
• To continue to promote an ethos where parents, students and teachers
collaborate to provide a dynamic learning environment which challenges
and engages all learners in an atmosphere of mutual respect, tolerance
• To focus on student learning opportunities in an environment that is
rapidly changing in response to complex local and global conditions.
• To develop learners with knowledge, skills, values, self-esteem and
attributes that ensure personal fulfilment, lifelong learning and active